- Resource: Mana - Refills automatically
- Weapon Slots: - 2 x 1 handed weapons. 1 x 2 handed weapon.
- Dismount Skill: Freezing Wake
- Sorcerer Skill Trees:
- Basic - Elemental damage skills that don't cost mana so always available to use. No Cooldowns.
- Core - Elemental damage at the cost of mana. No Cooldowns.
- Defensive - These mitigate damage received and increase survivability. They don't cost mana but do have Cooldowns.
- Conjuration - Summon elemental entities. They don't cost mana.
- Mastery - Heavy-duty damage. Cost mana but don't have Cooldowns.
- Ultimate - Offensive and defensive. They don't cost mana but have long Cooldowns.
- Key Passives
- Sorcerer Specialization:
Starting and Levelling Up
|1 Point in adds||+ 1 Armor||+ 0.05% All Resistances
x 0.01% Skill Damage
|+ 0.025% Dodge Chance
x 0.2% Critical Strike Chance
|+ 0.1% Healing received|
+ 0.25% Overpower damage
x 0.1% Mana Regeneration
Strengths and Weaknesses
|Plenty of AOE skills||Heavy on mana usage.|
|Defensive skills such as Flame Shield, Frost Nova, and Ice Armor.||Most suited to ranged combat only.|
|Teleport to get out of sticky situations.||A more limited arsenal to pick from. Daggers, Wands, Staves, and Focuses|
|Conjuration skills such as Hydra, Ice Blades, and Lightning Spear luring enemies to their death.|
Diablo 4 Sorcerer Skills
Sorcerer Skill Notes
Certain Passives can affect an entire category of skills, for example, points in Align the Elements passive reduces the cost of all Mastery spells.
Sorcerer Enchantment System - Class Mechanic
Part of the Sorceresses class mechanic the Enchantement System' allows you to add a selected skill to the skills Enchantment slot (Press S key to bring it up) and gain a bonus passive power from that skill. The Skill can still be used as an active skill.
- First Enchantment slot unlocks at level 15 with the completion of the Sorcerer class quest. The second slot automatically unlocks at level 30.
- You must have assigned at least one point to the skill. It won't be available to use as an Enchantment if the only points in it are from items.
- The Enchantments cost zero mana when they activate.
- Skills in the Enchantment slot can be swapped out at any time, on the fly at no cost. Simply drag and drop your new choice into the slot.
- All active skills from the Basic, Core, Defensive, Conjuration and Mastery trees come with an Enchantment possibility and you can view all of those below in the expandable table.
|Expand drop-down for all Enchantment Statistics.|
How to unlock the Enchantment System
The system is unlocked via a quest called Legacy of the Magi which becomes available to you at level 15. You will need to battle through the Lost Archives dungeon and collect missing pages from the forgotten Codex for the NPC Mordarin who is located Southwest of Nevesk (Map).
Items and Weapons
The Sorcerer can equip the following weapons:
- Dagger or Wand leaving the off-hand free to equip a Focus
- Two-handed staff
Each item type can come with certain item affixes. These are all detailed below including affixes that improve the Sorcerer's skills and appear on weapons that he is able to use.
Click the column headings to sort by item type. Refresh the page to reset.
|Expand drop-down for all Sorcerer Item Affixes by Slot.|
* An implicit stat, meaning that the item will always come with this attribute (affix) listed at the top of the item details up to a maximum of the figure shown.
Sorcerer Legendary Aspects
|Expand drop-down for all Sorcerer Aspect Statistics.|
Sorcerer Unique Items
There are also Unique items that are specifically tailored to the Sorcerer.
|Expand drop-down for all Sorcerer Uniques Statistics.|
Sorcerer / Sorceress History
The female mage clan of Zann Esu is one of the oldest of the ancient clans, although little is actually known about them. Centuries ago, the fourteen powerful covens of Esu witches convened for the first time in generations. What they discussed is not known, but the witches left behind their former lives and, as a group, disappeared into the Eastern Jungles.
The exact location of their community is a mystery. Until recently, their only contact with the outside world occurred during the recruitment missions. Once every seven years, the Zann Esu visited certain families across Sanctuary. These families had one thing in common — they each had a seven-year-old daughter. Always good-natured and polite, the Zann Esu visitors would meet the girls, ask a few questions, and then leave. A select few of the girls were visited a second time and offered apprenticeships. The families of those chosen enjoyed good fortune for many years after.
The Zann Esu, or Sorceresses as they are generally known, are on a quest for purity, the pursuit of the perfect magic. They feel the other disciplines of magic are haphazard and have instead chosen to focus strictly upon elemental magic. They mold the base elements into whatever magical forms they need — threatening all other magic disciplines with obsolescence. In order to achieve perfection in these elemental transmutations, they choose only those daughters of Sanctuary with the highest level of attunement to the magical elements.
The Sorceresses believe that it is through the search for perfection that they will attain ultimate purity and ascend to their destined role as the most powerful mages in Sanctuary. For centuries they have studied in secret, perfecting their art and bidding their time until the Emergence of Evil. Then, they will face their greatest challenge, either proving the purity of their magic or fading from existence.
The Zann Esu oracles have decreed that the time of the Emergence is at hand. The destruction of the Prime Evils is to be the great test of their clan. Recently, Sorceresses have appeared mysteriously throughout Sanctuary to do battle with the minions of evil wherever they are found. – Compiled by Flux
Archive updated 29 September 2020
Sorcerer Skill-driven Deaths
- Freeze/Shatter - Break frozen monsters into pieces
- Char - Singe the corpse of a monster with lightning
- Burn – Scorch the monster’s flesh, leaving the remains of a charred skeleton
Prior to the September 29 2020 developer update, the Diablo 4 Sorceress skills and passive trees were presented to the player in a typical Diablo style. When looking at the tree further, Blizzard decided to change the tree to include both skills and passives in a single tree (see above). Blizzard did not discuss the skills themselves or skills that would be removed or added at that time. Below is the original tree designs prior to that developer update.
Diablo 4 Sorcerer Skill Tree
On 29 December 2020, Blizzard revealed a major change to the way in which skills and passives would be presented to the player. Blizzard showed a revamped Sorceress skill and passives tree which can be seen below.
- The square skills are where players add skill points.
- The round nodes can be activated to augment the skills players have unlocked
- Along the branches are also passive nodes which can be activated.
- At the bottom of the tree in the root system, there are nodes that can be activated to provide “powerful effects”.
- Blizzard has stated that players will not be able to acquire every Skill Tree node. By end-game, only 30-40% will be filled.
Old Enchantment System
Below are shots of the old Enchantment system interface revealed on 29 September 2020.
Previously, if you placed a skill in the Enchantment slot, you could o longer use it as an active skill, but your character instead gaines a secondary bonus power.
This was changed slightly where the skill could be used and the an extra power was attached to each skill.