The Nightmare Sigil is an item collected during the Diablo 4 end-game and used to open up Nightmare Dungeons. When utilised, a dungeon will become "Afflicted".
When Nightmare Sigils are found, they add special modifiers to dungeons and provide better loot. Sigils effectively modify the monsters inside the dungeon.
Each Nightmare Sigil corresponds to a specific Dungeon in the game that has been flagged as a Nightmare Dungeon. As players progress throuigh the World Tiers, more and different Nightmare Dungeons will become available to the player.
How to Obtain Sigils
- Found by completeing Nightmare Dungeons.
- Completing Whispers of the Dead and obtain cache rewards with Sigils inside.
- Crafted at the Occultist with a cost of Sigil Powder. Powder is obtained by salvaging unused Sigils to give Sigil Powder. Sigil Crafting unlocks when a Tier 3 Nightmare Sigil is obtained and then a Tier 3 Nightmare Dungeon is completed. Note Sigils only start to drop in World Tier 3 (Nightmare). This unlocks a quest to visit the Occultist in Kyovoshad.
Sigil Types and Costs
Rewards in Nightmare dungeons are much better than normal dungeons due to ther challenging nature. These include:
- Unique Items
- Sared Items
- Ancestral Legendary items
- Rare and Legendary Paragon Glyphs
- Increased XP
- Paragon Points
Sigil Types and Dungeons
Nightmare Sigils for dungeons will vary and change but here is an example of how they would be categorised.
|Tier 1-10||Tier 11-20||Tier 21 -100|
Common Sigil Dungeons
Sacred Sigil Dungeons
Ancestral Sigil Dungeons