- Four seasons a year each with their own theme.
- There are seasonal questlines. They don’t involve the main campaign story or are tied to it.
- Quest lines will be a standalone story in the open world.
- They will introduce new characters and voice lines.
- Season 1 questline will be talked about after launch.
- Fresh Gameplay – New mechanics – “new powers to earn”, features added will be retired a the end of the season but may be added to the core game depending on how they are received.
- Long-term Progression. The Season Journey which involve objectives separated by chapters,
- Players done have to complete every chapter before progressing to the next. You can go back to other chapters. This differs from Diablo 3.
- Rewards at the end of each objective and chapters. Aspects can be earned through the Seasons as well as crafting materials and items
- The Aspects will be different from those found in dungeons.
- Favour can be earned for the Battle Pass.
Completing the Season Journey takes around 80 hours.
Many of you enjoy the Seasons in Diablo II: Resurrected and Diablo III and have asked for more extensive season support. We agree one of the most fun ways to play Diablo is through Seasons, so we're making the first one available soon after launch and building a dedicated team to bring you up to four Seasons a year, each with major new features, questlines, enemies, legendary items, and more.
|Season||Name||Start Date||End Date|
|1||Season the Malignant||20 July 2023||17 Oct 2023|
|2||Season of Blood||17 October 2023||??|
Like Diablo 3, Diablo 4 characters from the previous season are moved to the "Eternal Realm" where players can continue to play their characters.
A new character will have to be created at the start of each Season.
To play in the new season, you’ll create a fresh character and experience the new seasonal features and content while leveling up alongside other players. This, along with capping paragon points in Diablo IV, ensures that your effort and skill—measured by both dexterity and theorycrafting —determine how powerful your character becomes. It also allows players who missed the last season to participate. This season design requires that all sources of character power come from playing the game, so you will not be able to pay for power in Diablo IV.
Diablo 4 will introduce the Season Pass. The Season Pass will include Free Tiers and Premium Tiers. Premium Tiers will provide no in-game power advantage over the Free Tiers. Premium Tiers are focused on cosmetics and "Premium Currency".
There are 27 Free Tiers and 63 Premium Tiers in the Battle Pass.
The Battle Pass has Free Tiers and Premium Tier
Throughout the pass players can earn a variety of rewards for free, just by playing. At any point during the Season, players can purchase the Premium Pass to unlock the ability to earn Premium rewards tiers containing seasonally themed Cosmetics and Premium Currency.
You can earn Cosmetics and Smoldering Ashes from the Free Tiers just by slaying demons as you normally would. Smoldering Ashes are a resource that can be spent on Season Blessings, which provide you with a bonus to earning XP, Gold, or Obols depending on which Blessings you spend Ashes on. Players can have more than one Season Blessing active at a time and can use additional Ashes to upgrade the bonus they receive. The bonuses gained from Season Blessings only last until that respective Season ends. Since Season Blessings affect gameplay, you must meet certain Character Level requirements to claim the Smoldering Ashes needed to apply Blessings. This ensures they are earned by achieving gameplay requirements and there is no advantage gained from purchasing Tier Skips.
The Battle Pass awards cosmetics
Like the Shop, these don’t affect gameplay. Additionally, certain cosmetic types are exclusive to the Season Pass.
The Battle Pass awards Premium Currency
Players can spend this currency on cosmetics offered in the shop.
The Battle Pass awards free Season Boosts
Boosts accelerate players’ progress for the duration of the Season. For example, a Season Boost might accelerate XP earned to make leveling multiple characters within a season faster. Because they affect gameplay, Season Boosts are free rewards for all players. We want to be clear that players can’t unlock Season Boosts more quickly through purchases--there is no way to unlock more boosts, or boosts at a faster pace, by spending money.
Players can purchase Tiers-but they won’t speed up getting Season Boosts
Players can’t upgrade Season Boosts just by purchasing Tiers, because they’ll also have to earn level milestones to apply them. All other Tier rewards can be unlocked instantly by purchasing Tiers. In other words, there’s no way to shortcut getting Season Boosts by buying Tiers; they must be earned.
The Season Journey accelerates Battle Pass progression
While any play style can progress through the Season Pass, min-maxers can focus on Season Journey objectives to advance more quickly.
Battle Pass Costs
- Free Battle Pass, simply called Battle Pass
- Premium Battle Pass, which will cost 1,000 Platinum (equivalent of $9.99 USD)
- Accelerated Battle Pass, which includes all perks of the Premium Battle Pass, 20 Tier Skips, a special Cosmetic, and will cost 2,800 Platinum (equivalent of $24.99 USD).