"Affixes" (also known as Bonuses and Modifiers) are the special magical properties found on items in the Diablo games.
There have already been changes made since the BlizzCon reveal to add the following three affixes as an example.
Here are the changes we’re considering:
- We’re increasing the total number of affixes on items, including Magic (Blue), Rare (Yellow), and Legendary (Orange). This should raise the overall importance of non-Legendary affixes on your character’s overall level of power.
- We are also introducing three new stats:
- Angelic Power, which increases the duration of all beneficial effects (like self-buffs or healing)
- Demonic Power, which increases the duration of all negative effects (like debuffs or damage over time)
- Ancestral Power, which increases the chance of on-hit effects (aka increased proc chance
These new stats can appear as affixes, such as +15 Angelic Power. In addition to providing the above-stated benefit, Blizzard wants these new stats to also act as prerequisites for empowering certain other affixes. If you don’t have enough of a specific power, you can still equip the item, but you may not benefit from an affix linked to that power.
These additions are an example of how Blizzard is fine-tuning the items and affixes so that players have to decide whether a particular item is best suited to your build.
We do know some of the affixes that appeared in the BlizzCon 2019 demo and these are a good indication of what to expect.
- x Max Life.
- x% Damage Reduction.
- x% Dodge Chance.
- x% Damage Reduction from Enemies within Melee Range.
- x% Damage Reduction from Enemies out of Melee Range.
- x% Fire Resistance
- x% Lightning Resistance
- x% Cold Resistance
- x% Poison Resistance
- x% Reduced Damage from Elites, Bosses, and Players
- x% Reduced Duration of Enemy Control Impairing Effects
- x% Attack Speed.
- x% Critical Strike Chance.
- x% Critical Strike Damage.
- x% Increased Duration of Control Impairing effects.
- x% Damage.
- x% Physical Damage.
- x% Damage to Stunned Targets.
- x% Damage to Immobilized Targets.
- x% Damage to Vulnerable Targets.
- x% Damage to Enemies in Melee Range.
- x% Damage to Enemies out of Melee Range.
- x% Damage to Slowed Targets
- x% Increased Damage against Elites
- x% Fire Damage
- x% Cold Damage
- x% Lightning Damage
- Hit Effect: Up to x% Chance to Slow
- Hit Effect: Up to x% Chance to Slow on Crit
- Hit Effect: Up to x% Chance to Stun
- Hit Effect: Up to x% Chance to Stun on Crit
- +x Maximum Mana (Sorcerer Only)
- +x Maximum Fury (Barbarian Only)
- x% reduced Fury cost for skills (Barbarian Only)
- x% reduced Spirit cost for skills (Druid Only)
- x% reduced Mana cost for skills (Sorcerer Only)
- x% Cooldown Reduction
- x% Movement Speed
- x% increased movement speed for 6 seconds on Elite kill
- +x rank to (insert skill here)
- Your physical attacks Chill enemies. Enemies who are chilled enough times become Frozen
- Hit Effect: Your attacks have up to x% chance to spawn a hydra that will aid you in combat
- Lightning strikes a nearby enemy dealing x damage whenever you shapeshift
- +x to your equipped skills
- Fireball launches 3 projectiles that deal x% of normal damage
- Lightning Traps periodically appear around you dealing x damage after 2 seconds to nearby enemies
- Upheaval ignites the ground burning enemies for an additional x damage of 3 seconds
- Weapon mastery skills have an additional charge.
- Cut to the Bone talent activates against enemies that are hit by your shouts instead of stuns
- Critical strike chance increased by x% against bleeding enemies.
- Your shouts generate x Fury per second while active.
- Cast Nova at your Teleport location
- Teleport moves you to a random location and costs x mana instead of having a cooldown.
- Teleport grants a barrier that absorbs x% of your maximum life for 15 seconds.
- Teleport forms a rift in your path that increases your critical strike chance by x% for 5 seconds.